Monday 15 February 2016

Hobby Bingo!




Hi folks,

A bingo score card popped up on my Google+ feed a couple of days ago and it gave me kick of inspiration. I have a lot of projects to work on at the moment, particularly for my 2015/16 To-Do list, but I am having a hell of a time finishing any of them. Returning to work is partially to blame, even though I love my job. For the most part, I am just lacking motivation. So, time for some bingo:





A lot of these categories interest me! For example, I would love to try and replicate the paint job of some of you guys! I think I'll keep that up my sleeve for the next round ;-) Instead I  have settled on a path that will see the most of my ongoing projects finished.

Make a diorama: I am up to the wet effects stage of my Japanese Garden themed terrain piece. Again. The product I am using takes 48 hours to harden, so this step will take about a week to complete. Assuming all goes well, I should be able to flock it all in one hit, then add some laser cut foliage.









Convert a mini: While I am waiting, I am going to have a krak at converting an Iron Snakes Master of the Forge; a character I have named Odyssean. The inspiration for the character is this quote from Plutarch's book "On Sparta":

"When asked whether it would be prudent to build a defensive wall enclosing the city, Lycurgus answered, 'A city is well-fortified which has a wall of men instead of brick.'"

Instead of fortifying terrain, he will unlock the option of siege mantles for a single Sternguard squad (which I prepared much earlier).
 




Buy a mini, paint it, including base, within 48 hours: My first thought was 'permission to impulse buy: granted'. I am working on some Van Diemen's World troops for Wade and I think they would look great being delivered into rapid fire range by a Taurox Prime. Well, except for those awful tracks! To add a bit of awesome sauce to the model I have ordered a wheel and suspension kit from Victoria Miniatures. I am aiming for this kind of look:




As soon as the conversion kit arrives I will buy a Taurox kit and start the timer :-)


Paint a mini as a gift: Oh man, I should have started this a few weeks earlier. Ah well. I am about half-way through painting some Ghost Bear Mechs for KuriboGoomba, so they will double as an offering to the bingo card. They are also on my 2015/16 To-Do list, so I guess that will be three birds with one stone.





...and finally:

Repaint a badly painted mini from Ebay: For this I will be speed painting some Biovores that I got in the Dark Ages. They will be a speed-paint job, as I really wasn't planning on painting these guys anytime soon at all. They are kinda cute though...




That's my plans for the short term; let's see how fast I can get them done!

See you across the table,

M4cr0

2 comments:

  1. This is a topic that is near to my heart...
    Best wishes! Where are your contact details though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find things like Hobby Bingo are great when you are going through a hard time staying motivated.

      I don't provide my contact details on this blog.

      Delete