I gave myself an hour to see how much of my Van Diemen's World Battlewagon I could get finished. It turns out I can get quite a bit done! I started with a Nuln Oil wash over the olive armour plates and metallics, then used a short bristled flat brush to add Ushbati Bone highlights, which seamed to tie everything together. I also added some Runefang Steel highlights to the metallics and Shadow Grey to the blacks.
Next I added a blue jewelled effect to all of the little lenses (I'll give you a cookie if you can find all of them...).
The biggest job of the night was wet blending the roo shootin' lamps (note: I don't shoot kangaroos. I quite like them, unless they are jumping in front of my car in the middle of the night). I still need to clean up the shutters a little, because I got some white on them during the blending process. Avoiding this would have been more trouble than it was worth. When it is nice and neat, I'll whack a coat of gloss over the top to make it look like a big light bulb. I still need to paint the small headlights at the front, which will be tomorrow Marc's problem.
The next phase of the paint-job will include some weathering of the tires and rear assault ramp. I'm thinking of getting some red planet BASE! action going, because that would fit nicely with the Australian theme. I am also going to use a Black Templar decal on the assault ramp, because you don't just get Landraider doors from any old place. Let's just assume that they "borrowed" the door.
I also need to add some carbon scoring to the "smoke stack". Goodness knows how they get a battlewagon to run on steam, but I love the idea of it tooting in defiance as it unleashes all of those heavy bolters!
See you across the table,