Wednesday, 15 November 2017

Dark Angels Nephilim Jetfighter Progress

Hi folks,

I few years ago two of my mates put this Nephilim Jetfighter together for me and gave it a lick of paint. Sgt Waz tinted the canopy with Tamiya Clear Red and worked on it for as long as time permitted to get it as close to finished as possible. Of course, for both of us, the term "finished" has taken on a whole new meaning since then! Over the past couple of days I have cleaned it up quite a bit and changed the scheme significantly, starting with the wing symbol on the... wings.

I started by re-spraying the wings black, then adding a layer of Warplock Bronze. Gold was stippled up one end to add some depth, with black stippled on the other end. I finished them off with gold highlights on the upper edges and Leadbelchers at the base. You can also just see the blue/purple glow I have added to the engine. With a large flat brush I added a black layer to the fuselage to cover up some very thick grey highlights, restoring some darkness to the scheme. I also added some white running lights on the wingtips.

I hadn't realised quite how much junk these models have up front! Next up I painted lenses all over the place. Let's just say I had a lot of practice doing jeweling effects that night. I also changed the colour of the missiles to green, as the yellow was not quite distracting and too close to the gold I had just added.

To finish the job I need to do a whole heap of edge highlighting and fix up the base. The guys decided to try some false perspective, using an Epic scale Landraider and some marines, which they even painted in a Dark Angels scheme. I love the effort they put in to do this and it really makes me giggle on the inside. I think, however, that I can still jazz up the other features of the base and perhaps add some water effects, to match my gaming table. The frustrated gardener in me can't wait :-)

See you across the table,


No comments:

Post a Comment