Sunday 5 August 2018

Tyranids: Aliens-Themed Objective Markers






Hi folks,

Progress has been a little hard to come by the past couple of weeks. Real life is biting back hard with a return to work after the winter break. I have had these little objective markers floating around for a while, which I purchased from Combat Company. With the completion of my Ravenors and a lack of time to spend on bigger things, I bumped them up the To-Do list.








I chose a scheme that matches the colours I use on the heads of my Nids, with the dark "shell" of each egg providing some contrast with lighter base and "lips". I also added some goopy red bits to match the blood effects I have been using around the mouths of my critters.








The sculpts come in two flavours; let's call them twin-closed and open. The twin-closed ones look pretty gnarly with there thin sepia washed lips. I added some green to the interior of the open eggs, to match the colour I use on my Nid eyes, as well as paying homage to the Alien film poster:











Hopefully, some time over the next couple of days, I can find some time to post about my great ripper hunt. It was... epic.


See you across the table,

Marc


No comments:

Post a Comment