Saturday 9 March 2019

Dark Angels Techmarine WIP







Hi folks,

Being the hobby butterfly that I am, I spent a bit of time this morning working on this Dark Angels Techmarine for my 2000 point 2nd Edition list. I have pieced him together using parts from a different kits; the body is metal, the axe is resin, the plasma pistol is an oldish plastic one, the servo arm is from a less detailed 3rd Edition Techmarine figure and the shoulder pad is from the earliest Dark Angels upgrade kit.








My main challenge now is to figure out what colours to use on the axe. The easy thing would be to do everything in metallics, but I really would like to try painting the cog and skull in the same black and white scheme. I have also used some nice turquoise glows that would work well on the axe blade, but I am not sure how that will go with the black and white in the middle. Hmmm.... I'll have to think about it some more.







If you have any ideas, please drop them in the comments,

See you across the table,

Marc


2 comments:

  1. Just a reminder that I did this guy and did the cog on the axe black and white. I also threw in my obligatory verdigris which might give you a clue how the turquoise glow might work.

    I'd definitely consider a 32mm Base though, unless you already had and 25mm is just temporary. I know it's not 2nd edition but I feel mine is anaemic on such a small base. I might get some of those expanders eventually...

    http://www.40kaddict.uk/2014/09/dark-angels-techmarine-to-done.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a box of the new 32 mm bases from GW to use. Originally I wanted the bases to match what they would have had in 2nd Ed., but they really do look too small (particularly on Terminators). Before I do much more with this guy I will need to clip the base tab, so that it will fit a slotless base.

    ReplyDelete