Tuesday 11 February 2020

Iron Snakes: Storm Eagle TO-DONE!!!







Hi folks,

My squad of Iron Snakes Sternguard finally has a transport! I have named it the "Ophidian Fist", a Storm Eagle gunship that played a role in a short story I wrote a while ago called Death and Rebirth. The word ophidian relates to snakes, in the same way canine relates to dogs and ursine relates to bears; basically the name means "snake shaped fist". The nose-art was originally meant to represent the Trojan Horse of Terran myth, but my daughter noted that it looks a lot like a seahorse, or perhaps the mythical hippocampus, which I was pretty happy with too.
























I had an interesting time photographing it, because it is such a large model and lighting has been problematic with the kind of storm activity we have been having in Sydney the past couple of days. My favourite online digital image processing site has also changed its functionality, which has taken some getting used to. After playing around with it, I can safely say it is much better now; I'll be posting about it little later with a beginners How-To guide. I am definitely no expert with photography, but it does make improving the clarity of photographs easier, particularly if you are using a ghetto lighting/camera setup like I do!


























With the Ophidian Fist complete, I am 11 models away from completing a 2000 pt Iron Snakes army, all of which I am working on for Squaduary. Victory is so close, I can taste it...


See you across the table,

Marc



5 comments:

  1. Thats gorgeous mate, love the brass verdigris bits , the open magazine look and the striking symbols. Great job, cool base too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, the magazine looks pretty gangster :-)

      Delete
  2. That's one sharp looking ride. I bet the squad's proud of it, and you should be too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I sent a picture to the guy who gave it to me years ago and he can still vividly remember struggling to assemble it (he's a very skilled hobbyist). Good times :-)

      Delete
  3. That came out really well, flying the colours of the Iron Snakes. So close to your army being up to 2000 points and all.

    ReplyDelete