Monday 26 October 2020

DreadTober: Free-hand Shenanigans

 




Hi folks,

We are now into the final week of Dreadtober! October has gone by crazy quickly and I am a fair few steps behind where I would have liked to be at this stage with my Imperial Knight. It doesn't bother me though, painting a Knight in 4 weeks was always going to be an ambitious goal. 

To move me a little closer, I spent a couple of hours on Sunday completing the free-hand images on the shoulder armour. This step is always the one that makes me a little nervous, but I know that once it is done everything else is comparatively easy, so I tackled it early to get my mojo flowing. I won't include too much commentary and just let the pictures do the talking. It is another one of those processes where it looks really bad for a long time! Hopefully this will inspire some other people to push through the early agony to reach the rewards at the end. Here we go...
























Here is the reference image I used while I was painting; it is a shower curtain 😂





I compressed the main a little to fit the space and didn't quite nail the angle, but that just helps make it my own. 

I also managed to get some construction done, so (at the moment) "Achilles" Aeternum is looking something like this:






Now, it is definitely time for sleep. Hopefully, if I get all of my work done tomorrow, I'll be able to push the project forward a little further by finishing the legs and sketching out the base.

See you across the table,

Marc




9 comments:

  1. Lovely bit of freehand work! Will make for great heraldry on the shoulder pad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Final construction is always a bit of an anxious time for me; that's when you see if the scheme comes together or not and it is too late to change!

      Delete
  2. I do love some good freehand and that was done nicely. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful freehand work, Marc! I love your color scheme and your weathering really makes it shine! Has a "clean-dirty" vibe and it's fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Clean-dirty" is a great description of the scheme; I'm going to use that!

      Delete
  4. Very cool. Thank you for sharing a bit of the process!

    ReplyDelete