Tuesday 13 July 2021

Dark Angels Infiltrators TO-DONE!!!

 



Hi folks,

The troops unit for my Dark Angels Crusade army is a small unit of Infiltrators. My plan is to bump them up to full strength almost immediately, but getting the first 5 done feels like a real win. I like their area denial ability and the enhanced synergy they can have with Phobos Masters and Lieutenants (particularly considering as I have already painted one of those a while ago!). I also think the models look fantastic! 

I have painted them in a really simple urban camo (grey with zenithal highlighting, brown webbing, black instead of red carbines with just the Chapter symbol on the right shoulder pad). The main reason for this is I think it is weird to have green with gold trim "infiltrators", unless the terrain is all made up of Christmas trees! Grey also goes really well with the autumn colours of my bases and was super-quick to paint. The hardest part, and by far the most time consuming, was the hard-lining of the grey highlights. It was a real grind.

















With this squad done I feel like I am picking up some momentum. Over the next couple of days I need to refocus on the 2nd Edition Army Challenge, but I have a good feeling that this crusade army is going to get done in a reasonable amount of time. 





See you across the table,

Marc




2 comments:

  1. Very cool take on the Dark Angels. And well executed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Love the simple scheme and the green accent on the shoulder.

    ReplyDelete