Monday 1 April 2024

2nd Edition Genestealers TO-DONE!!!

 


Hi folks,

This month I worked on some classic Genestealers for the 2nd Edition Army Challenge. They were very much a case of "trusting the process", as it was very hard to tell throughout the paint job whether they were going to look any good or not.



I really like it how these old Genestealers share the same design elements on their back as the old Screamer Killer Carnifex; painting the bright green ridges was so satisfying!



Their faces took an entire paint session to do; hours of painting individual tiny teeth. Thankfully, the rest was pretty easy; it's time to roll out the giant bloody stamp!



For April I am working on some fire support with two Biovores and a huge Armorcast Exocrine, all primed and ready to go.  I can't help but feel I am procrastinating, though. The Gargoyles I have to do seem like a much greater challenge than anything else I have left. Ahhh,  well, we'll see how it goes...



See you across the table,

Marc



6 comments:

  1. Lovely work as always! I remember these teeth and claws on the five-fingered hand taking quite a while to paint up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to streamline the process as much as possible, but it still took hours!

      Delete
  2. Those are VERY vibrant.
    The entire force will look great once it's all complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! Congrats on the effort. It payed off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to playing with them, though they are such glass cannons, I imagine they will draw a lot of fire.

      Delete