Saturday 29 November 2014

Hive Fleet Numereji: Deathleaper Completed


Deathleaper orchestrates a deadly ambush against Dark Angels of the 3rd Company.

Hi folks,

I managed to finish off Deathleaper last night during a quick burst of painting and modelling activity. I spent a little bit of time prepping my Swarmlord for painting, then posed Deathleaper's arms and painted them from undercoat to gloss varnish in less than an hour. I now have a HQ unit to lead my Hive Fleet in small battles, with half-a-dozen on the way (3 Hive Tyrants, Malanthrope, Old "Six" Eyes and a Tyranid Prime). When it rains it pours, huh!


"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?"

I also managed to pick up some more terrain at a Reject Shop, whilst buying some decorations I needed to finish off the Christmas tree this year. The sandstone pillars in the photos cost me $7 each and have perfect little caves in them for heavy weapon teams and Biovores. Sadly, some poor gold fish is going to miss out this Christmas.






I am under no illusions that this guy is going to be anything but rubbish as a Warlord of my Hive Fleet. I have played enough games of the new edition to know how powerful a Flying Tyrant with Brainleech Devourers is, so one of those is in the works too. I also know how much of a glass cannon (slingshot?) a Lictor is; I can remember the days when they were rightly feared and that was a long time ago. Still... I love their little squid faces and the thought of having one lead my army makes me giggle on the inside. I plan on hiding him behind stuff and using him to guide my Mawloc and Trygon. Every now and then he may even kill a Space Marine...




See you across the table,

M4cr0

No comments:

Post a Comment