Friday 26 August 2016

Hive Fleet Numereji: Hive Guard TO-DONE!




Hi folks,

These are the last speed-painted Nids for the 2015/16 hobby season! Considering that the season comes to a close for me tomorrow, they will also be my last project before the next To-Do list comes out.




I actually finished these guys off while I was waiting for the glazes to dry on my flying Hive Tyrant. So I painted them in 10 minute bursts over a couple of nights.





Having no eyes, the Impaler Cannon was the obvious place to put the green spot colour. I also bloodied the muzzle with some Tamiya Clear Red.  I assume that when the barb retracts from its target it created quite a mess, it even looks a bit like a mouth when you look at it front-on...





More than any other Nid model, these guys remind me of the Xenomorph in Aliens (the 3rd Ed. Hive Tyrant comes awful close to an Alien Queen as well). The lack of eyes, the shape of the mouth and the head armour all tick the right boxes.





Depending on how they perform on the table-top, I may end up getting some more of the blighters. I like the idea of sitting behind cover and ripping off some strength 8 shots, but getting enough to hit is going to be a challenge.





So for that last time this year, it is time for the big green stamp:



See you across the table,

M4cr0

No comments:

Post a Comment