Monday 15 May 2017

30K Painting Competition: Death Guard Marine Progress 2





Hi folks,


I have been struggling to find the time to paint the past couple of weeks, which doesn't help when you have a painting competition deadline looming! This weekend would usually have been prime hobby time, but instead I whisked the family away for a weekend at the beach. I can't complain, the fact that we can still go to the beach and have a swim at the end of Autumn is something to celebrate. Tonight I had a go at some of the details, managing to get the head, bolter and backpack mostly done. I still have a few highlights to do here and there, as well as the jewelling on the bolter's laser sight.






Tomorrow night I need to tackle the weathering/damage on the white and brass armour, highlighting the brass, company markings on the right shoulder pad and the Legion symbol on the left. I also need to make a start on the base, which is going to be a simple grey rubble with perhaps a pile of skulls and a pool of pus. Maybe. That's a lot to do!





I'll probably also run a careful black wash to pick out some more details in the white armour. We'll see if I get that far. Assuming all of that gets done tomorrow, I should be able to knock off the base detailing on the day it is due, just in time to post my entry. Best laid plans and all that :-)

See you across the table,

Marc


No comments:

Post a Comment