Tuesday 23 May 2017

Horus Heresy: Dark Angels




Hi folks,

A few weeks ago, Rob from 30kplus40K ran a competition to celebrate the Birthday of his blog. The prize was a squad of Tartaros Terminators, a 30K era unit that had caught my eye previously (I am a complete sucker for Terminators). To win, we had to post which Legion we would collect and why, to which I replied:






Slippery slope indeed! I was lucky enough to win a squad and my already bursting To-Do list has now erupted volcanically. Having skated on the edge of 30K for a few years, secretly yearning to explore the Dark Angels pre-Heresy shenanigans; this random act of kindness has finally pushed me over the edge. After a fairly rough day, I came home to this little package of awesome. It literally made my day.






So, expect to see some 30K Dark Angels Terminators some time in the near future. I have promised myself not to work on them until my first Imperial Knight is painted, which doesn't actually look that far off at the moment. I have been researching schemes and something like this looks like fun to me:






These Terminators were painted and posted by someone going by the username of Forward Assist on The Bolter and Chainsword forums. There is something about the shiny black beetle look of the armour that I really love. I am going to try for a scheme like this, though perhaps with some more weathering. I am also on the hunt for some detailed resin bases or inserts. I haven’t settled on a theme yet, so if you have any suggestions let me know in the comments.

A BIG thanks goes out to Rob; the Terminators are seriously cool and being rewarded for reading an excellent Blog seems like it should be illegal [insert joke about Australia's convict heritage here].

I am planning my own competition for a little later in the year, after the new edition hits. It will be based on scenario/mission writing, which is something I really enjoy doing myself. If you would be interested in competing in something like this, let me know.

See you across the table,

Marc



No comments:

Post a Comment