Saturday, 17 March 2018
Iron Snakes: Centurion Test Model Complete
It has been a long time since I posted anything; I have been trying to sell my house in preparation for the big move in the middle of May. Most of my models have been packed away already, to keep them safe during all of the open house sessions, but I have kept a few out to work on. I haven't had any time to do this, however! This afternoon I took some time out to finish a test model for my Iron Snakes Centurions, and I think he has turned out pretty well.
For my test model I picked what I thought was the least inspiring pose and poorest modelling work. If I could make it look alright I could definitely do the rest of them!
The shield is a custom job from ML shields. You can see the microtexture from the fabrication process, which I didn't attempt to smooth out. On the table-top this detail is hard to see, but I wouldn't want a whole model made out of the stuff.
The cables at the back were all glazed with seraphim sepia as I did with my Imperial Knight Warden, followed by a gloss varnish to make them look oily.
I added some carbon scoring to the weapons; that is an aweful lot of dakka for one infantry model. Sorry about the blurry pics, I am really missing my lightbox and camera set up.
One down, five to go! I don't know when I will get a chance to paint again, and I have a few things to get done for other people that will save me having to include them in the move. I would love to get all of them done by the end of the month if I can though, so keep an eye out for them :-)
See you across the table,