Saturday 24 February 2018

Old School Gaming is Moving!






Hi folks,

Well. That escalated quickly!

For the past year or so I have had the nagging suspicion that my family was going to grow out of the space that we live in. We live in a townhouse in western Sydney which we have worked on pretty hard, including the building of a new 3 m x 7 m living space and a leafy green rainforest garden. I am a slow decision maker in the family, so when our "dreamhouse" came up for sale about a week ago, it helps that I had been thinking about it for 12 months already. Wifey is far better at snap decisions, so for once our wills aligned perfectly on time. The end result is that we will be selling our little "Lighthouse" and moving into a larger home down the river:



Enough room to swing a cat.



Between then and now, we will be slaving away getting our current home ready for sale. To give you some idea of what I mean by that, I have spent the past two days stripping stickers off the front glass frontage and frosting the glass manually; all of those hobby skills being put to good use!




Before :-(


After :-)


One of the first casualties has been my man-cave. The garage space is in desperate demand as we shift furniture around and get packing. I didn't realise how special that space had become to me until I packed up my lightbox equipment and started emptying out the table draws (soooo many cool resin bases and long lost decals!). Transporting all of my miniatures and half-finished projects is going to be hell, but I'm sure I will figure it out.

All of my current projects are on hold until I can set up a space at the new house; we have already planned a dedicated gaming room and storage space. That means that for the second year in a row I will be unable to reach my Squaduary goals. I am planning on doing a few posts as I set myself up again, which will probably include me building another light box. The blog will be a little quiet in terms of other hobby posts though. I'll try and catch up with you all on your own blogs and live a little vicariously for a while!

Wish me luck!

Marc


Doggo is going to get a proper backyard!


No comments:

Post a Comment