Tuesday 2 March 2021

Old Stuff Day!

 



Hi folks,

Happy Old Stuff Day!!! With the second round of the 2nd Edition Army challenge just starting and me already hitting up ebay to get ready for round three (and maybe four...), my hobby space is literally awash with nostalgia at the moment. There will be plenty of posts about that stuff sooner or later, so I thought today I would post some links to old blog posts from my favourite 40K blogs. Go check them out if you have a chance and leave them a comment! To start with, if I may do so, I'll draw your attention back to the early years of this blog...


Old School Gaming

It is hard to believe that it has been 6 years since the last Battle for Nurgle's Cookbook. This is a scenario that I have tweaked many times since 3rd Edition 40K, and played many times with heaps of different people. I hope you enjoy this two part battle report as much as we enjoyed playing it! Maybe it is time to have another go at it.

Part 1

Part 2


WeeMen

I usually go here for a healthy dose of old school, but also happened to stumble across this... amazeballs... Lord of Skulls conversion.  





Chucking Monkeys

Last year I posted about the Nids on this blog, and I still can't get over them. Check out this stealth Mawloc (if you don't chuckle into your hot beverage, I don't think we can be friends anymore).




1st Legion Chronicles

So this post is not old by any stretch of the time/space continuum but, hell, if I can't give old school Dark Angels some love today, when can I? 





A Butterfly's Hobby Tally

XarfaiEngel's Uruk Hai projects have been a real inspiration. They have kept me dreaming about what I could be doing with all of the Lord of the Rings models I have stashed away!! It also makes me wonder how many other bloggers are LoTR collectors, and whether it would be worth a community challenge at some point...




262nd Death Korps of Krieg

As an honoured DreadTober alumni, it seemed fitting that I repost this gem from 2016, a magnificent Deathwatch Venerable Dreadnought!




Confessions of a 40K Addict

If you have been in the hobby as long as I have, you will know that it expands beyond just the collecting of miniatures, beyond even the buying of paint. There are tables too. And shelves. And display cabinets. Lights (sooo many lights). Sometimes, even a shed (and a dehumidifier...). Check out Dave's marvellous Man Cave project and go searching for the updates! It is an exercise in carving out a hobby space for yourself and protecting it against the elements.






Well, I have reached the point where I am falling asleep in front of my laptop. I have spent about 4 hours going down the blog rabbit holes of a bunch of my favourite blogs. If I didn't mention you today, I'll try and make it up to you during the year. You are all fantastic and a constant inspiration to me!

See you across the table,

Marc


 


7 comments:

  1. That's a grea collection of old stuff! I loved the old school Dark Angels as well - a topic near and dear to my heart as I started with them in 3rd ed..

    And thanks so much for the shout (or link) out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, if only I had more time; once you start reading old posts it is very easy to get lost in the coolness.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No worries, I could have put up a ton of other links from your blog, but I figure people will go searching for themselves ;-)

      Delete
  3. Some great pieces to highlight, very enjoyable to have a look at some older posts - And I'm happy to have made your list as well! A Middle-earth community challenge sounds like a great idea, but I have no idea how one would go about initiating something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon I could get something going; you just need to find a group of people crazy enough... Leave it me, I'll work on it :-)

      Delete
  4. I am a little amazed myself when I stumble across those shed posts. I can remember it quite vividly and how much effort was involved but repeatedly telling myself in a few days it would be done. 6 years on and I'm using it as my home office. The best £1200 I've spent! I always put it in context of it was this or a Warlord Titan - definitely the right choice.

    I am considering a little upgrade later this year. Adding some additional insulation on the floor but that will require a lot of moving stuff around. I also have a tin of transparent anti-mould paint as well that I could apply for further reassurance. I'll have to deploy that same mentality if I go ahead with it. Thanks for sharing it, and the other posts.

    ReplyDelete