Sunday 8 May 2016

A Knight's Tale: Google AdSense Competition




Hi folks,

I have always promised myself that, one day, I would get myself an Imperial Knight. I have very fond memories of using them in Epic 40K, in particular a Knight Castellan that punched way above its weight. I came very close to buying one for myself at Christmas, to the extent that I started throwing some ideas around on the blog.

Unfortunately, my dog Gypsy suffered an eye injury that required some major surgery. I spent my Imperial Knight fund on my kid's Christmas presents and a few months worth of pay on an artificial eye lens for my dog. She's upside-down next to me as I type this, snoring her head off; if her eyes were open she could see perfectly out of them thanks to the surgery.


Gypsy, offering her unconditional support as always...


As so often happens in this marvelous hobby, life gets in the way.

When Dave Weston over at Confessions of a 40K Addict organised his Google AdSense Competition, I was keen to give it a go as I love terrain projects. I was also fairly familiar with the templates he had on offer, but had never had an excuse to work on one: sooo many other projects! I also knew that I would be competing with a bunch of great people I have been blogging with (you know who you are...). I don't get to do that very often because, well, Australia is on the other side of the planet. Lastly, the first prize was an Imperial Knight!

My entry was a Dawn of War Thermoplasma Generator, which was great fun to build and gave me my first experience with LED's. Much to my surprise and joy, I managed to win the competition. A huge thanks goes out to Dave for running the competition, all of the entrants and all of the people who voted.





Sooo, according to the tracking information that Dave kindly supplied me with, there is an Imperial Knight on a plane heading towards me right now:


Wooo hooo!


That means it is time to get planning. Considering the amount of effort everyone put into the competition, I am feeling quite a bit of responsibility to do something special with this Knight. I'll be posting any progress under the title "A Knight's Tale", so keep an eye out for it.

See you across the table,

M4cr0


No comments:

Post a Comment