Sunday 3 September 2017

40K Soulslike: Mikos of Lakodeme TO-DONE!




Hi folks,

Happy Father's Day!!! This morning I spent a couple of hours playing around with a digital microscope with the kids. They had a great time looking at nectarine flower petals a pollen. After that they started running around the yard playing "scientists" and I got some time to finish off my Soulslike project. To make Mikos look like he belongs in a Dark Souls-like universe, I needed to aim for this kind of look:






I also needed him to tie in with my Iron Snakes. To achieve this I focused on two different effects, the weathered bronze of my snakes with some baleful orange OSL in the gaps between the armour plates, particularly around the arms and torso.






I left the amour black with some Shadow Grey highlights. I like the way Shadow Grey gives black a blue tinge. I used to use it for my Ravenwing bikes back in 2nd Edition, but they have since moved on in colour scheme.






I painted all of the skulls in Ushbati Bone, which was washed with Gryphonne Sepia and highlighted with White Scar. The base was coated in Astrogranite Debris, washed with sepia and then splashed with Tamiya Clear Red.






This guy has been a blast to paint. This style is pretty far from how I would usually paint something, which is part of the joy of taking part in these kinds of competitions. You get to try new things and throw caution to the wind. Anyway, I hope you enjoy him!

See you across the table,

Marc


No comments:

Post a Comment