Monday, 29 October 2018

DreadTober: Imperial Knight Errant Progress







Hi folks,

With the end of of DreadTober looming, it is time to take stock of what I have managed to achieve. My plan was to complete an Imperial Knight Errant, which is a member of my "Walls of Ithaka" army list. Constructing the figure itself took me two weeks, mainly due to work commitments. During the past week I have managed to prime the top half of it and complete the upper torso parts, but the legs, weapons and shoulder armour are still unprimed. I doubt that I will get much more done before the deadline, but I feel that I have made a good amount of progress.











I spent a lot of time making sure that the rear detail was completed to the same standard of my last knight. That took a surprising amount of time, though I knocked it over much faster than the last time.













The first completed member of the army was "Perseus" Intrepidus, in a modified House Feardrakken scheme (below, so you can see what I am aiming for). That project took me about 18 months to finish, on and off. The main painting effort only took a couple of weeks, but it was during the Christmas holidays, so I had plenty of time to burn. With that in mind, I was never particularly confident that I could get a whole Knight finished, from sprues to display case, in October!







Once the shoulder pads are done, which will require some free-hand work, I feel like the project will be past the 50% completed mark. For the right shoulder pad I am going to paint a stylized image of a minotaur, to fit the knight's name, in the same way that Persues has a Medusa. That will be my next post on the project, if all goes well!

See you across the table,

Marc