Friday 5 October 2018

Tyranids: Zoanthropes TO-DONE!






Hi folks,

...and just like that, it's done. These three Zoanthropes are the last models I need for my 2000 point Jormungandr army. I have painted them in the same scheme as the rest of my Zoanthropes, resisting the urge to excruciate over details because, again, I really just want to get the things finished. The Trooper recently bought a painted Blood Angels army, with plenty of the new units in it, which we are all chomping at the bit to get it on the battlefield. Now, at least, I have enough points painted to give them a challenge.






They were fairly quick to knock together, weighing in at about two hours for the brood. The longest time was spent blending and highlighting the brains. The last step was a clear gloss varnish over the head armour, which all of my nids have. It doesn't show up too well in the photographs, but the glossy, black beetle look is quite striking on the tabletop.














The full brood has 6 of these guys now, lead by a Neurothrope. I'm planning on getting them close with the Jormungandr tunneling strategy and piling on some mortal wounds. In the last game I played they survived for quite a long time, even when there was only 4 of them to start with, and caused plenty of damage.

My next challenge be to fit the whole 2000 points worth of models in the same photograph! That's tomorrow Marc's problem ;-)

See you across the table,

Marc





No comments:

Post a Comment