Tuesday 2 October 2018

Tyranids: Ripper Swarms TO-DONE!






Hi folks,

This is the end product of the great ripper hunt that I did a few weeks ago. I am not going to lie, painting these guys was some kind of torture, but I have always loved these little guys. The wifey used to call them "scribblets" when they first appeared and I have always had a few bases of them in my army. Now, though, they help me to fill out a full Brigade detachment of Nids.








I didn't spend too much time on each base; undercoating in Leadbelchers, adding two sepia washes, tidying up the Leadbelchers armour plates, painting the heads black and highlighting them with The Fang, then painting the eyes (very quickly) and adding some Tamiya Clear Red gore effects. I wanted these little fellas to really look like they have been eating.










So that is the last of my Troop choices completed. To wrap up this project,at long last, I just need to paint three Zoanthropes. After that... who knows. A four lictor Killteam sounds like fun ;-)

See you across the table,

Marc




No comments:

Post a Comment