Monday 16 September 2024

Deathwing Librarian TO-DONE!!!

 


Hi folks,

I am laid up in bed at the moment with something fluey. In between marking school work and other odd admin tasks I have been tidying up the DreadTober blog in preparation for the challenge this year (more about that later).  I have been so busy with it that I forgot to post the final shots of my Librarian, which I finished on Saturday. 



Overall, I think he turned out quite nicely. The blue is a lot lighter than I originally envisioned, but I also like the shading and contrast that affords. The pose is a bit odd from front-on, in that you can't see the axe that I worked in so hard from the front!



I kitbashed him to carry a combi-plasma in his offhand. I think it looks pretty cool and provides some variety. Gaming-wise I think I prefer the stormbolter option, simply for the volume of fire it can dish out. Hopefully, this combi pings some wounds off and earns its place in the list 



I think I have one more project in me before DreadTober hits. I'm hoping to get my Vindicator done to finish off the first 1000 points of my list, and possibly get some pre-challenge construction done on my DreadTober project.

See you across the table,

Marc

3 comments:

  1. Looking great - the work you put into the axe certainly shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun to paint, too! You can see it well on the table top; that pink is hard to ignore 😂

      Delete
  2. Absolutely fantastic, what a terrific paintjob! :O

    ReplyDelete