Sunday 25 September 2016

Iron Snakes: Master of the Forge Progress Part 2




Hi folks,

I worked on my Master of the Forge for a couple of hours this morning. Most of that time was spent on weathering with verdigris. I was going to try to get this guy finished today, but I am a bit out of practice! Everything seems to be taking longer than usual, but I have decided to just go with the flow instead of stressing about it. I also added a few highlights using hard-lining, which I haven't had a steady enough hand to do for the past couple of months. A bit more practice and I'll be back to my old self, I think.





I added a blue glow/lens effect to the dendrites and eyes, which will also be used on the spear and plasma cutter when the servo harness is complete. The final touch was the glass lens on the targeter.





The right shoulder pad and boltgun turned out pretty well, I think. They both have some nice detail which lends itself well to the verdigris effect. The other shoulder pad will contrast with this considerably, being predominantly white with a sky blue Iron Snakes symbol. But that's tomorrow Marc's problem!

See you across the table,

M4cr0


No comments:

Post a Comment