Thursday 6 October 2016

Dreadtober: Construction Complete!





Hi folks,

I have decided that I will be painting my Techmarine Dreadnought before I completely assemble it. Through the wonders of Blutac, though, I can show you what it will look like.





I didn't factor the slope of the armour on top of the sarcophagus into the orientation of the servo arms, so they are on a slight angle. This isn't a big problem though, as conceptually they can rotate freely anyway.





All of the weapons I have chosen have a use that is additional to combat and which suits the role of a Techmarine.





The sarcophagus armour isn't quite as smooth as I would have liked it to be, but that is understandable considering the state it was in when I started. I doubt I could get it smoother without inadvertently removing other details, such as the rivets.





I added a small crux to the seismic hammer arm, which fits the Deathwatch theme. On the other arm I have attached a stylised skull and cog symbol of the Mechanicum. The Dark Angels symbol is, of course, on top of the sarcophagus, in front of the potential coil.





Withe the black undercoat done, I have already knocked over the first stage of painting. Next stage I will adding layers of grey where I will be painting red later, as well as the first of the metallics. Lots of paint scheme decisions to come!

See you across the table,

M4cr0


No comments:

Post a Comment