Saturday 8 October 2016

Iron Snakes: Master of the Forge Progress Part 4




Hi folks,

Time for some gardening! Spring has sprung in Australia and I have been spending a lot of time on my outdoor hobbies. I keep quite a few rainforest plants in my yard, which are always a challenge to keep alive in the hotter months. They do provide a lot of inspiration for my basing projects, though.

To keep my Master of the Forge progressing towards completion, I have tinkered with a very simple base for him. I figured it would be harder to do once the servo-harness is attached. The model is already quite busy when it is completely assembled, so I wanted a simple base that wouldn't distract from the figure.





I have used a mixture of dry soil, winter/spring flock and static grass, as well as a pile of bullets/skull from the Dark Vengeance sprues.

I have also been working on the servo-harness, which, I have to admit, has been causing me some anxiety. I don't know why, perhaps because I am at the end of the project, but there seems to be a road block in my mind whenever I go to paint it. I could probably knock the whole thing over in one session, but instead I sit their ruminating about which colour scheme to use where. GAH! JUST DO IT!





So, at least I have made a start. The front and the back parts are complete with just the four "arms" to go. I haven't decided what colour to do the hydraulic lines; I am thinking red or gold. If you have a preference let me know in the comments. The lightning bolts where a spur of the moment decision, out of pure annoyance that I am so worried about the rest of the thing. I have never painted them before and I don't think I will even win any awards for them, but trying something out of the ordinary that I'm not necessarily good at doing may be the jump-start my brain needs.





Here is a view from that front, though not much of the new work is visible, apart from the potential coil.



The spear looks a little weird from this angle and the potential coil is hidden behind the helmet plume: best photo ever!


Next post, for better or for worse, he will be finished. Wish me luck ;-)

See you across the table,

M4cr0



No comments:

Post a Comment