Wednesday 19 April 2017

30K Painting Competition: Death Guard Marine Progress 1





Hi folks,

In my spare time, I have been dipping my toes into 30K. This has mainly involved digging through my bitz box and separating out all of the MkIII bits that I have left over from my Iron Snakes sternguard. There were just enough bits for me to scrape together this tactical marine for a painting competition being run by the Google+ 30K community. All of the entrants have been assigned a random Legion to paint: I drew the Death Guard. I am a big fan of the book The Flight of the Eisenstein, so this pleased me no end. Painting-wise, I was hoping for Blood Angels, but this will give me a great opportunity to work on my weathering technique.






I didn't have any MkIII legs, so I scrounged some from a Devastator sprue. The boltgun is from an Attack Bike sprue and the head is an old Masters of the Chapter piece. I even drilled my first barrel!






I haven't decided what to put on the base, though I have a nice big pile of skulls that I think will go well.






So this guy gets added to the top of the to-do list, as the 30K community is one that I really want to support. I have three other projects that are also hovering up there at the high priority level, one of which I will finish tomorrow (...or go crazy trying).

See you across the table,

Marc


No comments:

Post a Comment