Wednesday 24 June 2015

Iron Snakes: Ancient Nestor Progress (...the CLAW!)



Hi folks,

I distinctly remember that, when I finished my Iron Snake Sternguard squad, I hoped that the next couple of projects wouldn't be quite so hard to complete. Well, so much for that ;-) Every limb on the Contemptor Dreadnought is taking me the same amount of time as a marine at the moment. The close combat weapon/plasma blaster arm has been quite a challenge, as it incorporates a glow effect, verdigris and free-hand image all at once. It also has another Dark Angels shield, which I am thinking of adding a decal to.



Here you can see the Iron Snakes icon that I painted on the shoulder. It was a bit hard to get right as the surface was quite irregular. I think I will do one more pass over it to neaten up some edges that bother me.




If you saw the earlier picture you will notice that I have removed a large cluster of purity seals from the right shoulder. They were very distracting and just didn't fit the model; I kept looking at it and wondering if it really worked, but I am much happier now that they are gone. I am not sure if I am going to add another piece of detail to replace them, there was a bit of damage done to the surface getting the purity seals off, and the surface was miscast slightly in the first place. I kind of like it how it is, looking a bit battle scarred.






So... he just has the power-plant to go on the back. I am planning on using more glow effects and verdigris in parts, but nothing too fancy. Next time I post about this guy he will definitely be finished and I can give myself a big red stamp; a nice reward for getting through parent/teacher interviews.

See you across the table,

M4cr0



No comments:

Post a Comment