Friday 28 August 2015

The 2015/16 Hobby Season


"He who stands beside me is my brother."

 Hi folks,

Dave Weston over at Confessions of a 40K Addict starts his new hobby season on the 28th of August each year and has invited other 40K bloggers to join in.  Last year the support I received from other participating bloggers was fantastic and it was great watching other people progress through their To-Do list. I had a pretty slow year when it comes to painting, which I am hoping to make up for over the next 12 months. With that in mind, I wandered into my man-cave, gave my neck-beard a thoughtful stroke and came up with the following list:





Considering the previous year's achievements, it looks... ahhhh... optimistic. But I'm game!

I have added three new units to the Iron Snakes, which I had such a great time painting last year, including a squad of Centurions, a Vindicator with a free-hand design on the dozer blade and this Storm Eagle I converted a while back:


My "Trojan Eagle"


The Dark Angels have dropped the Landraider Crusader in favour of a Dreadnought unit and a Nephilim Jetfighter. The Nids have a carried a lot of stuff over from last year, but I have added a flying Tyrant that I have converted. Considering I am about to finish the Jade Falcon Medium Star of Battlemechs, I have added a lance of elite Draconis Mechs to the mix.



A Jade Falcon Timberwolf displaying my metallic camo scheme. 


The Kadillus Harbour Lighthouse is a terrain project I am keen to get stuck into, but finding the extended amount of time required will be hard. The Japanese Garden themed terrain is actually a gift for a friend, who has recently bought some Ronin miniatures. It is one of those side projects that I have ready to go for when I feel like doing something completely left-field.


The Kadillus Harbour Lighthouse during a particularly vengeful storm ;-)


The final entry on the list covers any model that I have ever been given as a gift. It is fair to say that I could start my own shop with the amount of grey sprues in the garage. I have tried to separate the stuff out that I have been given as gifts, so that I can I finally say to the guys "hey, you know that thing you gave me three years ago... TO-DONE!"
 
 
I hope this year is very productive for everyone (especially me!) and we see some fantastic projects being completed. As this happens to be my 100th post, I would also like to thank everyone for visiting Old School Gaming and for the contributions you make to the gaming and modelling community. You make the hobby so much more enjoyable!
 
See you across the table,
 
M4cr0


No comments:

Post a Comment