Sunday 22 November 2015

Remembering 40k: Rogue Trader




Hi folks,

Well, it is that time of year again and work is rolling me in the foam. I don't have much time for painting, so my mind has turned to past gaming experiences...

I don't know how everybody else feels out there, but Rogue Trader seems to be a benchmark in my gaming circles. To have played Rogue Trader is to have been there right at the very beginning. It is at the very least a venerable rules system, which established the 40K universe. Subsequent editions of 40K have transformed this fledgling universe into the juggernaut that we all now enjoy, each with their own quirks, and I have loved all of them in their time. Rogue Trader had a distinct roleplaying feel to it, with lots of fun rules and units to choose from. Flipping through the rulebook, seeing the roots of the universe you enjoy, brings on the feels. Here is a trip down memory lane:


Dark Angels make their debut. Womble marines with red stripes!


Pages and pages of exotic plant life. Pages well spent! MOAR sponge weed!


Some more old paint schemes.


A Space Marine, an Imperial Guardsman, an Eldar and a Squat walk into a bar...


The Fang was smaller in those days...


Raising the grim/dark flag on Iwo Jima Secundus.

If you have any good memories of Rogue Trader let me know in the comments. I'll have a post for each edition, so let me know when I hit on your favourite :-)

See you across the table,

M4cr0



No comments:

Post a Comment