Friday 3 September 2021

To-Do List 2021/22

 


Hi folks,

My new hobby to-do list is enormous, just like the last one. With most* of my 2nd Edition Dark Angels complete, I will be shifting my sights to a classic Legion of the Damned army later in the year. Legion of the Damned were my first army, so returning to them and giving them some justice on the paint table (hopefully) will be very cathartic.




My 9th Edition work will be focused on finishing off my Dark Angels Crusade army "The Last of the Plains People". I have a lot of options for that army as it grows, so I will probably be adding things to my list just as I cross them off! I also have a Warglaive to do for DreadTober and several family projects to work on. My son is still painting Orks with me, though we have had a break due to other distractions.I have just gone with the flow with this, because he is so young, but yesterday he was gazing lovingly at them and said he would really like to paint some more. Wifey has also been waiting for me to help her base her Necrons, which we got a roller for from Greenstuff World. That's a post in itself, so keep an eye out for it.





I have a couple of Age of Sigmar jobs to work on just for fun, we'll see if they can be a palette cleanser at some stage. That includes a couple of Warhammer Underworlds bands that I picked up during lockdown (supporting those local FLGSs), which I am keen to play on the tabletop when this COVID lockdown ends. 





With Wave 2 of the BattleTech Clan Invasion KickStarter (that's more capital letters than one would usually put in the middle of words...), you can expect A LOT of Mechs getting painted over the next 12 months. I am absolutely NOT adding them to my pile of shame**. 





I have also kinda forced my best mates into playing some Aristeia with me, which is an anime styled, futuristic, eclectic, skirmish, gameshow, tabletop, miniatures, boardgame. I have two teams from the core set ready to go, including some alternate models for Musashi (the famous samurai of legend) and 8-ball (a fluffy kung fu panda). It is a highly enjoyable game to play, so hopefully I can include some battle reports on the blog.  





Of course, there will be projects that jump out of the shadows and grab my attention; there is at least one super-secret piece I will be working on when it reaches me from Canada, which I am very excited about. 

If you want to check out the full to-do list, just check the side panel, it will be there all year as I slowly cross off projects!

See you across the table,

Marc

* I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.

** Oh Crom, please don't let any of these end up in the grey tide.


3 comments:

  1. Great stuff planned! I'd love to see what you can do with a Legion of the Dammned!
    Those Underworld warbands are some great models, I got some for myself but as of now, they have not seen a brush yet... The BattleTech models will be quite a big mountain, but they look like fun to paint up as well.
    Always wanted to have a test game of Aristeia! I was tempted to get the limited edition with the metal models, but so far was able to restrain myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aristeia is so much fun!!! I can't wait to play it more when this lockdown ends. The BattleTech mountain will be hard to climb but I am so up for it. I have been waiting a long time to get my hands on those Mechs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting list, I wish you great success in tackling it. Aristeia looks interesting, I can't wait to see what it looks like and how it plays. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Underworlds warbands too.

    ReplyDelete