Wednesday 29 December 2021

Van Diemen's World Veterans: Grog Ard-Nogg TO-DONE!!!

 



Hi folks,

I have realised that I am posting most of my WIP photos on other platforms, so the blog is looking a little sparse. I don't like that, because my main motivation for blogging is to have a record of the journey I take with these models. I'll have to do something about that in 2022, I think; these miniatures don't just paint themselves!

I spent 7 hours on Christmas Eve painting this Ogryn bodyguard for a good mate for Christmas. The model is a sculpt from Victoria Miniatures which I have to say have been great to us the past 6 months. Their new sculpts are really wonderful, shipping has been quick and customer service has been both thoughtful and personal. Everything you would want from a little miniatures outfit.

So... 5 minutes before we had to leave for the Christmas Party I was up to this stage of the job:




Gah!!! So frustrating! 

Anyway, I had set the deadline with my family and I wanted to keep my word, so I held onto it for a couple more days (thankfully I had a back up present prepared; a newly released treatise on traditional samurai weapons).  Today we got together again to play some boardgames and I was finally able to pass the model on. Noticing an errant highlight, I had to sit down and do a quick correction, but after that I was really happy with the finish. See if you can spot the mistake that I had to fix ;-)








Over the next couple of days I am going to really try to push my 9th Edition Dark Angels army towards completion, starting with some Hellblasters. I also have some board game pieces to finish that I am fairly proud of, which I really need to get finished.

See you across the table,

Marc



4 comments:

  1. He came out quite well. I hope your friend was pleased with the model. Fortunately, a very small matter to correct on his equipment. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A small but infinitely annoying matter! I'm glad I got a chance to fix it on the spot. I think he liked it; we both have too many unpainted miniatures t give them as gifts anymore :-)

      Delete
  2. A very cool gift! Beautifully painted!

    ReplyDelete