Monday 15 September 2014

Iron Snakes: Sergeant Progress Part 2



Hi folks,

Another quick post following a relaxed night of painting. I have been working on the sergeant's boarding shield and shoulder pads in an attempt to get him finished before the weekend. As I mentioned previously, I don't want to give him a white shield with any free-hand detail because he already has white on his torso. I went with a bronze/verdigris look with some additional red and bone detail in the purity seals.




One of my favourite 40K painting tools is a dodgy blue pen that fits the inside of a shoulder pad quite nicely. I blue-tac the shoulder pads to the pen tip for painting, then remove them once the paint is dry. The ends of old paint brushes are good to use as well, they just give you better access to the part, particularly when you are trying to paint fine detail or highlight the inner edges.




Next job for me is to paint his spear and complete the final assembling steps. I am still debating whether to paint the spear with a power weapon tip or not, so it is a good thing I have a few more days to think about it. Hopefully, the next Iron Snakes update will see this guy finished.

See you across the table,

M4cr0 

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good. I agree with your choice on the shield. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :-) I want to get this guy knocked over first, because there are just so many elements to paint; I knew when I started that he was going to take up a lot of creative energy. Hopefully the other marines aren't so labour intensive!

    ReplyDelete