Wednesday 8 February 2017

A Black Dog Day



Hi folks,

Last night my dog Gypsy passed away, after 7 wonderful years of fun and companionship. Her health had rapidly deteriorated over 48 hours, completely stumping our vet. It turns out she had diabetes, which didn't really cause her any trouble, until the night it took her away from us.

She was beautiful, intelligent, sassy and fiercely loyal. She was my little shadow.

Right now, I'm at a complete loss. I don't really want to do anything, which I know is a natural response to grief; God knows I have experienced my fair share of it before. I deeply appreciate the great online community we have, so if I am a little quiet for a while, please don't take it personally. I am going to take a little time to love my family and guide my kids through this experience. If you have a dog, let it sleep on the bed tonight; I wish I could.






See you across the table,

Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment