Saturday 18 March 2017

The Weekly Review 18/3/17




Hi folks,

I don't usually post my progress very often, even though I have about ten projects rumbling away at once. Literally, ten. So I have decided that Saturday night is going to be my weekly review night. I'm hoping that it will give the people who are interested some insight into the process I go through to get things done. It is also to motivate me a bit more to get back into the swing of things. To provide some structure I will be splitting the post into three parts: On the Table, Under the Knife and On my Mind.


On the Table

As I mentioned in the preamble, I have way too much on my table at the moment. Among the unfinished projects are two that I have been working on for my friends, a Van Diemen's World transport for The Trooper and a star of Ghost Bear battlemechs for KuriboGoomba. Both projects have been at the top of my personal to-do list for such a long time it is driving me slightly crazy, but it has been hard to get the motivation to finish them off. Desperate to shake the monkey off my back, I have been working on something completely different (project... 11, I guess). Today I spray undercoated my converted Landraider Excelsior black, followed by some Army Painter Angel Green, which I sprayed carefully to add some subtle zenithal highlighting and shading.






I spent a bit of time this morning picking out some metallic details with Leadbelchers and Warplock Bronze. I then went about weathering the front tracks and assault ramp with Caliban Green and Rhinox Hide mixtures, and Leadbelchers, all of which were applied using stipling.






While I was at it, I also undercoated four Devastator Marines armed with missile launchers. I'm planning on using them to bolster my air defense. I also figure they will pop more MEQ's than my plasma cannons, without killing themselves in the process.






Under the Knife

To finish the Excelsior off conversion-wise, I needed to build something to represent the Data Augur and fill the hatch-hole on the top surface. I dug deep in my bitz box and scrounged enough pieces to build a little Dark Angels themed radar dish and a Techmarine driver (some of you may recognise him...). I am going to paint the driver separately before installing the cupola to the hull of the Landraider.






On my Mind

After I have blown away all of the cobwebs, I am going to get cracking on the unfinished projects I have lying about for my mates. I am also messing about with a "40K in 40 minutes" set of rules that includes instructions for simultaneous movement and shooting. I have play-tested this before and the small change makes for an intense game. If you are interested in giving it a go, let me know in the comments.

See you across the table,

Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment