Tuesday 12 December 2017

Paint My Present: Grand Master Voldus TO-DONE!






Hi folks,

I am working on a couple of Grey Knight figures for The Trooper at the moment and Voldus is the first to reach completion. That is despite an overwhelming amount of detail! The Trooper had requested for me not to add too much gold to the scheme, so I was able to cut a few corners this time. If I got some for myself though I can see them taking me months to paint.





One of my jobs was to drill out the barrels, which I always find a nerve-wracking job, particularly with stormbolters. When there are two holes that you need to drill in relation to each other it is easier to see mistakes, but I haven't done these two too badly. I drilled small pilot holes for these ones using a hobby knife, followed by a smaller drill piece, before using the bolter barrel sized drill piece.






The head was really fun to paint, with lots of interesting parts, i.e. the cap, hose, eyes and beard. I have never painted a bearded marine before, I think next time I will paint the head before I assemble the model.






Looking at this photo I think I will need to touch up the purity seal on the shoulder pad: the joys of miniature photography! There is also a spot of red that shouldn't be there, I'll give you a biscuit if you can see it :-)






I am pretty happy with how the robes turned out, even though I didn't spend all that much time on them. I also had a bit of a giggle giving this guy a Big Black Book. I'm sure Voldus can rules-lawyer some daemons into oblivion :-)

So, apart from a few little touch-ups, I'm calling this guy done. Next up I have 5 Grey Knights and a Predalien (!) to paint, as well as some fun stuff for my Nids. I am also hanging out for the release of the Dark Angels Codex!!





See you across the table,

Marc




No comments:

Post a Comment