Wednesday 27 June 2018

Iron Snakes: Chapter Master Seydon TO-DONE!






Hi folks,

Seydon is quite a mysterious character in Brothers of the Snake. He is described as being very large when Priad meets him in the Iron Snake's fortress monastery. He pretty much appears out of nowhere, drops some fatherly wisdom from under a shadowed cowl, then takes off again as "silent as a phantom". Later, it is made quite clear that he is also a warrior who fights at the front line, whatever the cost.

"Chapter Master Seydon was just a shadow: robed, mysterious and towering. His cloak was made of broken, polished, wyrm-horn pieces, linked together like a jigsaw puzzle by gold wire. Slow respiration throbbed form the exchanger tanks under his cloak... He was a good meter taller taller than Priad". 








"I make it a point to see those Snakes who return after a long absence, especially those I am fond of. Damocles squad - now, I've been fond of that ever since I told Damocles to form it." 








"A great man like Memnes, everyone will mourn. That'll make the loss easier. But Calignes, Illyus... in my experience, a squad leader will miss the common troopers most."








"His jigsaw cloak of polished wyrm-hide pieces had been ripped and torn, and loose fragments dangled from unravelling golden threads. His great lance, Tiborus, lay across his knees."

"Seydon seemed so dreadfully bowed and hunched. The blade tip of Tiborus was nicked and buckled , and deep cuts had been gashed into its mighty shaft."








I'm glad that the original idea that I had to represent Seydon has finally been realised. I think the use of the Primaris Captain's body has given him the extra size that he needed, to accurately reflect how he is described in the book. I like the shape of the spear, though it was very fiddly to pin and glue. I am also really pleased with how the Scibor base turned out. I went for a warm look to contrast the colder colours of the model, with some volcanic ash and darker skulls to give it a Pompeii/Thera excavation kind of feel. The added elevation also helps him to tower over the other Iron Snakes in my collection.

I have two more Iron Snakes projects that I am really keen to finish; Squad Aegis (Centurions) and a Storm Eagle, which have just been shifted back to the paint table. First though, time to enjoy finishing a job for once :-)






See you across the table,

Marc



No comments:

Post a Comment