Friday 29 June 2018

Tyranids: Malanthrope TO-DONE!






Hi folks,

I was feeling inspired to get things finished a few nights ago, so I had a good craic at doing the Malanthrope base. It is a textured base which is quite different to the rest of Nids, which have a grit/shell texture. The idea of having to achieve that effect with paint had led to quite a bit of procrastination! Anyways, it turns out I didn't need to worry, I think I got it pretty close in the end without much stress at all.








The larger rocks in the centre of the base I painted grey with a green glow, to extend the effect of the malanthrope's maleficence. The "sand" was painted Ushbati bone, washed with sepia then highlighted in patches with white.








I love how deliciously gribbly this figure is. I recently put some Lictors back in my 2000 pt list, to fill up two cheap elites spots. This guy fill amplify that aesthetic. I may not win many games but they look cool :-)
















This Malanthrope is the last of my HQ units for this army, so I feel like I have really accomplished something. Next, I will be working on adding to my Troops choices, which happens to include a whole lot of Rippers (little snakes!).





See you across the table,

Marc


No comments:

Post a Comment