Sunday 5 January 2020

Age of Sigmar: Wild Riders TO-DONE!!!







Hi folks,

This morning I finished adding the final highlights to the cloaks on some Wild Riders for Penny. The miniatures themselves are stunning sculpts, so I have been a bit stressed about doing them justice. For that reason, it has taken me longer to finish them than I could have ever possibly envisioned. They were worth the effort though, my daughter loves them!













The miniatures have very fine detail, which was difficult to remove from the sprue without breaking and a real challenge to paint. The figures are also (necessarily) mono-pose, which I found very frustrating to construct. If you don't have the right cloak on the right back, you are toast! Just another clear reminder of how important dry-fitting is during the construction phase of a project.













With these three finished, I have six Sisters of the Thorn left to complete, which are still at the (thrice- damned) construction phase. I'm hoping to get the glue out again tonight to put together some sub- assemblies for them, which I never thought I would have to do with something so small.















Overall, I am very happy with how they turned out. I think this is the most effort I have put into painting something well, even if the execution may not entirely represent that; they really did push me to the limits of skill and patience!


See you across the table,

Marc



3 comments:

  1. I like the models, which are superior to the older ones imho.The bases are also really nice and look very natural. They've got a bit of a faeric appearance which I think suits them perfectly, excellent brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers :-) The theme of the bases is "regrowth after a fire", that's meant to be ash pushed up against the rocks. I have seen it exactly piled up like that in the bush around my suburb. A hopeful artistic statement ;-)

      Delete