Monday 20 April 2020

Age of Sigmar: Treelord Ancient Progress 2







Hi folks,

Things have been a bit quiet on the blog this month, as I try to finish this project before the deadline this Saturday. It has taken me four days to finish the leg section, which wasn't entirely unexpected. It is the largest section and includes all of the detail I have previously established a scheme for, plus a few extras. I took some quick snaps tonight in really poor lighting, which will just have to do for now.









I have painted the loin cloth to match the beard, mainly to limit the pallet somewhat, but also as a cheeky nod to an old friend. I have also painted the little Aelf gem in dark blue using a simple jewelling technique.








I have continued the pastel leaf colour all the way down the leg, which looks really cool when you view the model side-on. I'll have to try and get that into the shot when I submit my entry. I have also left a little clue on the leg relating to his home realm.










In the picture above I think you can see all of the subtle blending I used on the legs to transition between the different shades of brown. The detail on the model is just amazing, no wonder it took four days to paint.

I have started constructing the base as well, which is going to be a huge job itself. Hopefully towards the end I can show the step-by-step process that I used.

See you across the table,

Marc



4 comments:

  1. Love how the treeman comes together! The gem instantly drew my eye - very cool! And the blending also really shows the work that went into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put a lot of work into that darned gem!! Ha ha ha! I figured I had better show that I know how to do it ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wait, does this mean you have a friend who had a dwarf level of greatness beard and wore a loincloth in a matching color? ;-)

    Great looking model so far, I love the fungus details you sculpted on. The contrast between the light colored branches and leaves against the rich brown of the body looks really good. The wood elves were my favorite part of the old world so I think I have a grudge against the Sylvaneth but this guy could be changing my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work! Those first two pictures almost look like a piece of art work, rather than a painted model.

    ReplyDelete