Monday 1 June 2020

Age of Sigmar: Army Challenge





Hi folks,

For the month of June I will be participating in an army painting challenge with two of my best mates, Sgt Waz and Wade. Between us, we have about 80 years of gaming experience, which makes us all feel really old but happy. We will be starting new Age of Sigmar armies with the detailed challenge brief being:

"How about... 10 gribblies, some medium gribblies and a boss gribbly?"

Over the next couple of posts I will introduce the guys and their projects. You probably all know me pretty well, so we can skip that step (or chat online). I will be delving a little deeper into Sylvaneth, with the Branchwych and Dryads from the Start Collecting Box I recently purchased, as well as a small unit of Kurnoth Hunters. The Kurnoth Hunters will also be entered in a painting competition at my local GW towards the end of June!









I am leaning towards giving the Hunters scythes for the extra reach (more than the rend). Eventually I'll add another three to the unit as well, otherwise swords would be the better option I think. Scythes will also tie in nicely with the Branchwych.












I will be painting them in the same scheme as my Treelord Ancient, which I recently finished:









Let's see if these old dogs can learn some new tricks 🐺

See you across the table,

Marc


2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Sounds like a great challenge to get some coherent models onto the table. One month seems like a short timeframe but constraints sure help me to finish my models!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like a *really* short timeframe. To be honest, I don't know if we will make it, but we'll have fun trying :-)

      Delete