Friday 11 December 2020

BattleTech: Ghost Bear Command Star TO-DONE!!!

 





Hi folks,

After burning myself out pretty badly in October, I am starting to regain my hobby mojo, buoyed (no doubt) by the start of the school holidays. A few weeks ago the first wave of the Clan Invasion Kickstarter reached my front door, and the product is exquisite. Most of my pledge was sunk into Wave 2 rewards, but I still managed to blag a Star worth of Clan mechs, two salvage boxes, a legendary mech (Morgan Kels Archer) and a novelty Urbanmech figure, as well as a bunch of mapsheets to play on, record sheets, extra rules for characters, posters, tokens and just lots and lots of cool stuff.

The two salvage boxes had great mechs in them (a Dire Wolf and a Summoner), so I swapped them straight into my Ghost Bear Command Star. Not wanting them to be another project that sits on the shelf for years, I got stuck straight in with the airbrush and painted them in a week's worth of hobby time.

For those who don't play BattleTech, this unit has a LOT of long range clout. Seriously, there are nine extended range large lasers between the 5 mechs! There is quite a bit of manoeuvrability in there as well, heaps of armour and three of the mechs are jump capable. Overall, very happy with the composition of the Star as well as the paint scheme.

The paint scheme is representative of the Ghost Bear's Rho Galaxy (Bear Essentials), which my group of mates picked for Joel's canon character. Perhaps a little bit more about that later. In the meantime, here are some close-up shots of the finished mechs.






















See you across the table,

Marc

2 comments:

  1. Lovely models! I really like the colours with the desert camoflage and the white spotlights. And as always the basing makes these Battletech miniatures and shows of the scale of these robots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Battletech was my first miniature game before Warhammer 40k. It's great to see these cool mechs still stomping about. Great job on the paint work!

    ReplyDelete