Saturday 21 August 2021

Hobby Diary: Birthday Edition Part 1

 



Hi folks,

It has been a while since I blogged about my projects, mainly due to the enormous weight work has placed on my time and energy levels during the current lockdown. IT has been gruelling and there is no end in sight. At some point, in the middle of July before things got really crazy, I celebrated my 40th birthday. Celebrated is perhaps the wrong word, I did 9 hours worth of work Zoom meetings then crashed in front of Netflix with the Wifey. 

A few days later my kids brought in a mysterious package from my good mates, Howie and Wade. It included a bunch of Intercessors for my Dark Angels and a very cool selection of 3d printed Iron Snakes figures (well, Minotaurs Chapter but ripe for conversion!). Howie had painted a Chapter Champion for me, Apollon Drakaes, which was ready for basing already. I added the absolute minimum of bronze/verdigris to help him fit in and he was ready:













I also got some awesome Bladeguard with spears and a HUGE captain in Gravis armour, which I am working on right now. With some careful conversion I am hoping to use him as some kind of captain to go with my Centurions.











In other news, the 2nd Edition Army Challenge II is winding down as we edge towards the last deadline. I am currently using the last of my old school mojo to paint all of the remaining Dark Angels special characters. So far, I have rebased Sapphon, painted Ezekiel and converted Asmodai. Keep an eye out for some end of season army shots soon!!










Much more to come, as the end of the Hobby Season also looms, I dip my toes into Warhammer Underworlds, the count down to DreadTober begins AND Wave 2 of the BattleTech Clan Invasion KickStarter breaks.

See you across the table,

Marc

 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Great box of loot there. Keep the 2nd ed stuff coming. Very nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate :-) I think my ebay purchases over the past 12 months have set me up with enough 2nd Edition miniatures for the next 3 seasons of the challenge!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    Very nice gifts to recieve! Those are some good friends, you have there.
    Can't wait for the 2nd edition army shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Yeah, we go way back. Good friends certainly help you get through hard times. I can't wait for the 2nd Ed. army shot either, I just need to get everything finished first!

      Delete