Friday 13 October 2017

DreadTober: Old Six Eyes TO-DONE!





Hi folks,

DreadTober is my favourite community event every year, but it does mean I have quite a few Space Marine Dreadnoughts in my collection. This year I though I would do something different and show my Tyranids some love. Back in the days of 4th Edition, I used to have a Bomberfex that seriously wrecked face. When I decided to repaint my army (they used to be all blue), I never really got around to fixing that guy up. Fast-forward a few years, I decided to convert him into Old One Eye. The only problem was he had SIX eyes (which was very helpful when he was slinging around pie plates in his past life). So a named him Old Six Eyes!

I have a quite a few "twins" in my Tyranid collection, and this guy fit together quite nicely with my Deathleaper.





To convert the original Carnifex I sawed through the start of the tail section and changed the angle, so that he could sit up on his tail like a Zoanthrope. This fits the look of my "snake-form" heavy Tyranid collection. The tail is pinned with a thick pin into the ruins on the base and up into the thorax piece.






I have painted Old Six Eyes as if he has just regurgitated a bunch of stuff that was sticking in his craw. If you can figure out what he has thrown up, I'll give you a cookie ;-) It reminds me of a scene in the film The Ghost and the Darkness, the morning after Remington is dragged from his tent. If you don't know what I am talking about, do yourself a favour and watch the film, it is an oldie but a goodie. Anyway now my army has its own Ghost and Darkness.







Old Six Eyes is also on my To-Do list for this year, so I get my first stamp!!




See you across the table,

Marc


No comments:

Post a Comment