Saturday 29 September 2018

DreadTober: Planning



https://dreadtober.blogspot.com/



Hi folks,

It is that time of year again: DreadTober!

I have participated in this community event three times in recent memory, adding two Dreadnoughts to my Dark Angels collection and a Carnifex for my Nids. My favourite has probably been the Dark Angels Deathwatch Techmarine Dreadnought I completed two years ago, which really stretched my modelling skill and marks one my first forays into weathering.








Last year I felt like I was scraping the bottom of the barrel, to some extent. My Dark Angels collection has a lot of Dreadnoughts in it and, whilst I do feel that you can never have too many Dreadnoughts, I am not in the mood to add any more at the moment.








The new Redemptor really doesn't do it for me and the Forgeworld Dreads are now phenomenally expensive; a Leviathan that would fit the aesthetics of my Iron Snakes would set me back $170 AUD. I would still love to get one to but dropping that amount at short notice just isn't going to happen.







I don't have anything Dreadnought sized for my Nids at the moment, having finished my slither-slogging Hive Tyrant just recently (below, now with 65% of your daily intake of gore effects!). I would like to get the official model for the Exocrine, but, for now, my Scythed Heirodule is a pretty convincing "counts-as". The guys I play against are not the kind to complain about this sort of thing.









Sooo, what to do...

How about an Imperial Knight Errant armed with a Thunderstrike Gauntlet and Stormspear rocket pod!

I can assemble an Imperial Knight and paint it in one month. Right!?



Knight Warden says "Yes".



Well, that's the plan! Let's see how far I get... If you are interested in joining in the fun, click on the banner at the start of the post and sign up.

See you across the table,

Marc




No comments:

Post a Comment