Sunday 16 September 2018

Tyranids: HQ Units TO-DONE!






Hi folks,

I have decided to swap my Swarmlord model for a foot slogging Tyrant armed with a venom cannon and the Reaper of Obliterax. I carefully stashed away the Swarm Lord's sabres for use on another model one day, hopefully with a super dynamic pose. With the Tyrant done, I now have all of the units I require for the HQ section of my 2000 pt Nid list, featuring the Tyrant, his Malanthrope attendant (Dr Worm) and a Neurothrope (Mr Brains).








I experimented with heaps of poses before settling on this one. It looked pretty awful with the venom cannon aimed forwards. The way it looks now reminded me a lot of the picture below, which adds a touch of irony that I find delicious:








Sadly, when I got around to adding some blood effects to the lash whip, I found that my Tamiya Clear Red had completely solidified. The first hot day of spring and it turned into a lump of crystal. So that job will have to wait until I can get to Hobbico.








The sword came together really quickly with a few glazes and a drybrush layer. I feel that I could have done it more accurately, but I quite like how it turned out. At this stage, I am more interested in getting things finished that working painstakingly on something. That can wait for other projects that I have in mind!













Next on my To-Do list of needs are my Troop choices, which will obviously be a big post. I have to admit that I am not looking forward to painting all of the Rippers, but they won't paint themselves; otherwise they would have done so already! Thankfully, a bit of pain now will yield a bucket load of Command Points later.

See you across that table,

Marc


No comments:

Post a Comment